Security Light started to trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm hoping this will be a quick fix but here goes. I have a front security light (along with 3 others) adjacent to the front door. I was having some new guttering installed and needed to move the light over about 2 inches, which I did. All connections were re-made like for like and there was enough slack in the cable to move the light. The only change was to rotate the terminal block round to allow better positioning of the supply cables, which is why the labelling on the light unit (in white lettering) is reversed.

The exterior lights run off a fused spur from the main fuseboard so can be switched off separatly. But when I switched it back on it causes the board to trip everything from the downstairs lights onwards.

The strange thing is though, this doesn't happen if I remove the bulb from the light unit. As soon as the bulb is replaced and the fused spur switched back on, the system trips!

Here are pics of the light unit and the connections...

Light1.jpg

Light2.jpg

Have I made a mistake in re-wiring or is something else at fault? The light was working perfectly prior to moving.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back