1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Security Mesh Fencing

Discussion in 'Building Regulations and Planning Permission' started by Gazatteer, 13 Apr 2013.

1. Gazatteer

Gazatteer

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi

I own a plot of land and I'm in the process of getting a planning permission to build a house. There are complications in the acquiring a planning permission because it is within UDP zone (commercial zone) even though there was a house before on the land and there are currently adjoining houses.

I have received couple of notices from the council in the last 6 months to clean up land because of fly-tipping. It has already cost me a lot of money.

I believe I would need a planning permission for erecting a 2 metre high mesh fence (similar fence to fences used by schools) because it's next to a footpath and a road.

How far does the mesh fence has to be from the footpath for me NOT requiring a planning permission?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    2m away

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local