Seeding back garden - any good advice..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I have recently completely dug my back garden over, when I moved in last november it was well overgrown and where the grass had got so long and ended up laying over, it had turned into a mat of grass with nothing actually underneath it growing.

It's a nice sandy loam so wasn't too back breaking, I was going to get a light tiller this weekend to bust it up good and proper and rake level as it had major bumps and holes everywhere. Any advice on whether firstly I started doing the right thing and secondly whether there is any particular things I should do before laying seed, type of seed or anything else helpful I should know?

Many thanks
Nafe

Sponsored Links
It will be full of weed seeds, and every time you turn it over you will bring more to the surface so they will start to grow.

However...

When you have got it ready to seed, you can leave it for ten days. You will get lots of tiny weed seedlings. Then spray or water on Weedol to kill them, and sow your seed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back