seems quite unfair a 2.5% pension increase??

Edit: Do you support corporate/individual tax evasion/avoidance?

Yes or no.

Tax evasion is illegal.
Tax avoidance is sensible and legal, though it's up to the individual to assess it's morality.

Sadly tax laws are so convoluted and ill defined the distinction between avoidance and evasion isn't always clear.

Sponsored Links
Defending the bvi,cayman islands etc essentially means you want to pay more tax.

ironically today i got my new tax code going from 12500 to 12570 was it really worth the trouble £14 a year or less than 4p a day :eek:

Sponsored Links
Defending the bvi,cayman islands etc essentially means you want to pay more tax.

Difference between want and prepared to. I'm prepared to pay more tax to better fund the NHS, doesn't mean I particularly want to do it.

ironically today i got my new tax code going from 12500 to 12570 was it really worth the trouble £14 a year or less than 4p a day :eek:
That's the standard 2021/2 personal allowance.

Very small rise due to low inflation rate last September, rounded up to the next £10.

Tax evasion is illegal.
Tax avoidance is sensible and legal, though it's up to the individual to assess it's morality.

Sadly tax laws are so convoluted and ill defined the distinction between avoidance and evasion isn't always clear.
So you sit on the fence then...

And you thus have your 'excuse' to refuse to say what you actually think!

That's the standard 2021/2 personal allowance.

Very small rise due to low inflation rate last September, rounded up to the next £10.
i am sure you remember labour getting pilloried for the 75p a week increase in pensions :D

Last edited:
i am sure you remember labour getting pilloried for the 75p a week increase in pensions :D

No, but thank you for telling me.

"Correct, but this was an outlier. That was the rise in the full basic state pension in April 2000. Looking at the increase in this payment after inflation, it was higher on average under Labour between 1997 and 2010 than under the Coalition and Conservatives since 2010."

https://fullfact.org/economy/state-pension-labour-conservatives/

Sponsored Links
Back