Self adhesive tanking tape

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey do they sell self adeshive tanking tape. Is for the joint between 2 moisture resistant plasterboards.

Sponsored Links
No plasterboard resists moisture - they all crumble when exposed to damp.
What are you attempting?

Theres no need to tape the joins unless the tile edge lands on the join.
plasterers scrim tape bedded with the tile adhedive you are using will do the same job.

Sponsored Links
No plasterboard resists moisture - they all crumble when exposed to damp.
What are you attempting?
Damp as in humidity or damp as in water splashed around like your wisdom ?

Theres no need to tape the joins unless the tile edge lands on the join.
plasterers scrim tape bedded with the tile adhedive you are using will do the same job.
I am boarding with mositure resistance board and tiling straight on to it once primed with SBR bond. Siliconing the joints maybe ok?

I am boarding with mositure resistance board and tiling straight on to it once primed with SBR bond. Siliconing the joints maybe ok?
plasterers scrim tape bedded with the tile adhedive. silicone will do nothing.
Is this a wet area, ie shower enclosure?

Silicone is waterproof though? I put silicone on the joint between the board's then butted them up.

Thanks I bought some tanking tape but thought it was self adeshive. But may need to full kit. There is only one bord joint. It is for an electric shower

why are you obsessing over a joint. Are you not tiling the walls?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back