Self Amalgamating Tape

...I can assure that there will never Ever be unprotected SA tape on a proffessional aerial tower...
I lied, I humbly apologise. I'm so sorry.

I found these on Friday on what is supposedly a professional 'Private Mobile Radio' site. It runs digital radio for several users including a bus company and a security van service, the later in particular pays a lot of money for a 'secure service'...
upload_2020-8-16_11-27-50.jpeg

upload_2020-8-16_11-28-15.jpeg

By the looks of those they were fairly nicely wrapped with SA tape, which as I've said so many times is inadequate.
According to the service provider this aerial system was upgraded by a rigger 3 years ago. As it happens it didn't take many enquiries to find he installs TV networks as his day job.

I hope his networks are better than the above but I doubt it as he doesn't even know how to crimp coax plugs:
upload_2020-8-16_11-29-5.jpeg

The yellow taped joint predates the Tee by many years and is still soft and sound.

These idiots should be lined up and shot as they have no idea what they are doing.

Sponsored Links
...I can assure that there will never Ever be unprotected SA tape on a proffessional aerial tower...
I lied, I humbly apologise. I'm so sorry.

I found these on Friday on what is supposedly a professional 'Private Mobile Radio' site. It runs digital radio for several users including a bus company and a security van service, the later in particular pays a lot of money for a 'secure service'...
View attachment 202111
View attachment 202112

By the looks of those they were fairly nicely wrapped with SA tape, which as I've said so many times is inadequate.
According to the service provider this aerial system was upgraded by a rigger 3 years ago. As it happens it didn't take many enquiries to find he installs TV networks as his day job.

I hope his networks are better than the above but I doubt it as he doesn't even know how to crimp coax plugs:
View attachment 202113
The yellow taped joint predates the Tee by many years and is still soft and sound.

These idiots should be lined up and sh... EDIT: I obviously mean given a proper talking to:whistle:

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back