self build bungalow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently doing a self build bungalow with beam and block floor, the house is now sealed and my attention is on first fix but I am a bit stumped on two things, first how do I go about getting the mains water which enters through the kitchen to the utility room the bathroom and the ensuite? do I use copper pipe under the beam floor or the plastic options and do I just run the pipe from one room to the other?
Secondly, I would like to run an under floor heating pipe in the kitchen and the bathroom and the en suite but radiators in the rest of the house from the same combi boiler and same pump etc is this possible and where can I get the underfloor heating kits from?

Sponsored Links
if you are installing a combi boiler then i would run all your cold as you said basically from stopcock run it all in 15mm. as for the UFH you can get a kit from screwfix reasonably priced with all the neccesary parts included

would't running the pipes under the block and beam floor effectively mean that they are outside? ( dirt nearby.. )

wouldn't they be susceptible to frost then?

Sponsored Links
Run the pipe work over the b&b flooring. H&C services, heating, sec return etc.
It should be layed tidy, insulated and clipped down (ie. nice straight runs) not plastic lashed all over the place.
Then insulation follows.
Would use Unipipe if I was doing one again as it has the benefit of being layed like copper with the added advantage of reducing under screed joints considerably.
It's not a job for a diyer with no experience IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back