Self cutting stop tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there such a thing as a self cutting stop tap? I mean one of the taps that is usually on the hot and cold water pipes for the washing mean, like this but a self cutting version:

washing%20machine%20straight%20compression.JPG

I need to install one on some copper pipe that supplies the hot water to my kitchen tap and don't want to fit a push fit or compression tap (don't want to drain the hot water system you see).

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You can get a self cutting feed valve on those outside tap thingees in B &Q but they only cut a small hole and are ****.

What do you wish to supply? :confused:

You don't have to drain the hot water system, you just have to turn off either the stopcock or the cold feed to the cylinder. Depending on what system you've got, then open the hot taps to drain the pipework.

When you say the cylinder do you mean the cylinder that's normally found in people's airing cupboards?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, if you've got one of them, and it's got a tank in the loft with a pipe to the bottom of the cylinder, then you should find a gatevalve somewhere on this pipe, all you have to do is close that and open the hot taps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back