self cutting tap!!! URGENT!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello guys.

i am in the middle of installing a self cutting tap on a cold water pipe to supply an outside tap in the garden. This was bought as a kit from B&Q by the way.

my problem is....

i have been trying to fit the self cutting tap for nearly an hour and i am still not getting any were!! :evil:

and its getting late now and i need this job finished by the end of the day.

if any one could give me any advice on how to fit these sort of taps then please post back URGENTLY :D thanks!!

Sponsored Links
OK two questions.

1) do you have water spraying everywhere?

and

2) which part of the job are you stuck with?

Attach clamp to pipe.
Screw assembly in tight.

What's the problem?

sorry,

no i dont as far as i no it has not cut the pipe yet

the part were you have to cut the pipe with the tap :confused:

Sponsored Links
yep i thought that too...

but for a start it wont screw with the male and female theard

hello guys.

i am in the middle of installing a self cutting tap on a cold water pipe to supply an outside tap in the garden. This was bought as a kit from B&Q by the way.

my problem is....

[/i]that I bought plumbing fittings from B&Q

Sorry, couldn't resist that one. Try some WD40 on the threads. If they won't screw together, then one of the threads is duff. Take it back for an exchange.

:LOL: suppose your right lol.

i've done it!! (must be a genius ;) )

the toilet got flushed upstairs as i was tightening it. and IT WENT THOUGH!!

i am guessing it must of created a air bubble or something and it just went though!

although now theres a fair bit of water to clear up but hey, jobs done ain't it!

thanks for the quick replys every one

haha. still all the tools out though! i suppose i better go and tidy up haha.

i am afraid your wrong there bahco. but i am very surprised on how good the water flow and pressure is coming out of this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back