Self Cutting Tap Is Leaking!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, thanks for looking!

We just moved in and are trying to plumb in both a dishwasher and a washing machine, but since this is about a mains leak caused by a stupid self cutting tap, i decided to post this in the plumbing forum, i hope this is alright.

The tap prduct description says '3/4" washing machine tap angle self cutting' and the product code is 192424. The rubber washer is in place and the cold water pipe has been cut but there is a small/medium leak from the tap now. we have switched off the water under the sink so we're not going to be flooded... but it is inconvenient since we can't use any water!

my partner had the idea of buying some white plumbing tape, taking the tap off, wrapping the pipe with tape, and trying to tap it again in the same place, but i would feel better with some outside advice.

as for plumbing the appliances in, we're fine. it's just this that's annoying us.

thank you for your time and advice in advance!

Sponsored Links
try and have another go...take it apart. make sure the rubber is in place and tighten it up again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back