Self leveling compound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new to this but looking for advise.
I have a conservatory 12m square which has a rough concrete base with a run off of up to 30 mm at one end. I intend to use celetex, chipboard and some engineered wood I picked up off eBay.
I have bought 12 bags of deep base leveling compound from wickets but fear this wouldn't be enough and any more wouldn't be able to be done in the 20 min working time.i have since looked into sand blinding,so my idea is to use sand to get a rough level,lay a Dpm then pour compound hense using less compound. My worry is that once I've finished the sand could move under the now dry compound causining the dried compound to fail and crack and sink in places. Would this happen?
I guess you will say I should screed it first but just trying to make do with where I am now,it's only a lightly used conservatory and I'm not looking for perfection but don't want the floor to collapse either. I was going to lay the celetex on the self leveling compound mainly to gain some height,not really for insulating then chipboard then flooring finish.
I am new to this sort of thing and don't know a lot about the subject,
Many thanks for any input. Cheers, John

Sponsored Links
Hi, new to this but looking for advise.
I have a conservatory 12m square which has a rough concrete base with a run off of up to 30 mm at one end. I intend to use celetex, chipboard and some engineered wood I picked up off eBay.
I have bought 12 bags of deep base leveling compound from wickets but fear this wouldn't be enough and any more wouldn't be able to be done in the 20 min working time.i have since looked into sand blinding,so my idea is to use sand to get a rough level,lay a Dpm then pour compound hense using less compound. My worry is that once I've finished the sand could move under the now dry compound causining the dried compound to fail and crack and sink in places. Would this happen?
I guess you will say I should screed it first but just trying to make do with where I am now,it's only a lightly used conservatory and I'm not looking for perfection but don't want the floor to collapse either. I was going to lay the celetex on the self leveling compound mainly to gain some height,not really for insulating then chipboard then flooring finish.
I am new to this sort of thing and don't know a lot about the subject,
Many thanks for any input. Cheers, John

Hi, I'm new also and no expert on this but a keen DIY'er. Did you mean you have a 30mm run in total from one end of the room to the other? If so being that is a 12M2 room surely this shouldn't be a problem with using a leveling compound, but if you are looking at raising (gaining height) the level of the floor then concrete with a good finish is the easiest, then you can lay the celetex ready for your flooring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back