self levelling compound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi the kitchen floor runs out of level its about 13mm lower from one side of the room to the other .
The room is 3m wide.
With this floor levelling compound do i start on the deep side and work towards the highest side.

Sponsored Links
you would be better with a cement based leveling compound if its 13mm over 3metres.
a latex compond will give you about 5mm max at a time,so you would have to build it up.

i would suggest adesilex p4 from mapei for this job, prime floor with either their primer g or a sbr primer, then find your high point at your dip using a spirit level, then pour your mix down working it with a trowel to get desired height.

You could start at the low end and just screed half of the room, let it go off then screed the whole area again starting from the low end. Alternatively, you can add limestone chippings to your screed allowing for much greater thickness to be applied in 1 go. www.fball.co.uk for screed and aggregate.

Hi the kitchen floor runs out of level its about 13mm lower from one side of the room to the other .
The room is 3m wide.
With this floor levelling compound do i start on the deep side and work towards the highest side.

Sponsored Links
Mac great news have just done what you have said filled in the low bits.
Now waiting until the weekend to do the hole area again.
I find that on the bags it only gives you just enough information.
The real help is on sites like this were the people on here have the now how.
THANKS FOR THE HELP LADS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back