Self levelling compound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya all.

I've just bought some self levellng compound from B&Q (B&Q's own). I want to level my study floor prior to putting laminate on it. The floor in my study has a concrete strip about half a metre wide and about 5-6mm deep. I dont suppose i can get away with just putting double the thickness of underlay down can i?

It says i've got to mix it with a paddle mixer, but i aint got one and the one in wickes is £190 and i aint got that kinda money.

Having never done it before, is it wise i carry on, on this venture? I've read the instructions and think i should have my compound the consistency of runny snot. Then i pour it on it stages, trowelling it around so its level?

I'm selling the house so im not too bothered about the finish, but i just want the laminate to go down properly.

Any advice is extremely grateful.

Sponsored Links
You don't really need a paddle mixer, just put some effort into it by hand and you'll be fine.

Sponsored Links
£190 for a paddle mixer? :eek:

go to wickes/b&pee or the likes and buy a paint mixer paddle for about £10 mate and connect to a battery operated drill, min 14v and mix(outside tho.. if its your first time.. :LOL: )
pour a couple of mixes down,but let the first one set.. or you "could" add sharp sand to the mix to beef it up.
jobs a good un..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back