Self levelling floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have carried out a levelling of a downstairs room with a latex self levelling compund. The results are largely ok and its definetely an inprovement. There are a few air bubbles in places. Main concern is its still up to 2mm out in some areas. Wondering whether to have a go at a second layer or leave it as it is as I dont want to make it worse. Its only 3m sq area and we're going with some encaustic tiles anout 15mm thick.

Sponsored Links
I would leave it and make it up with the adhesive. easiest is as you tile, first level out the hollows with adhesive and then spread adhesive as normal over the whole lot

"first level out the hollows" - what "hollows", where did the OP mention hollows?

OP, butter the back of your tiles & comb out with a 6mm notched trowel over the SLC, & your floor will come out level & fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back