Self-levelling screed on ceramic tiles??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to lay vinyl flooring in my downstairs toilet, which currently has large, solidly fixed ceramic floor tiles. The floor space is only 85cm x 170cm.

Removing the tiles is not an option, so I thought I would use Nemesis Self-Levelling Compound (from Screwfix) over the ceramic tiles to level out the grout lines before covering it with the vinyl flooring.

The tiles are already level, I simply want to fill in the grout lines and lightly cover the tile surfaces to create a smooth base for the vinyl.

Does anyone have any advice? In particular, do I need to use a primer, or does the type of job and the small area being covered mean it can be used without a primer?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd just put down your vinyl flooring on the tiles. I've had vinyl flooring on top of tiles before, as a temporary measure, and it didn't start to sink into the grout lines.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back