Selling to a reclamation yard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever sold to a reclamation yard?

I've done a few weigh ins of lead and copper but never even thought about salt glazed stuff going in until I thought about getting some air bricks from the yard.

It it worth me cleaning and old pot gully and hopper and taking it back over the Pennines or is it worth pennies and a waste off time?

I've got an old gully and if I'm careful a few lengths of 4" and a couple of junctions.

Cheers

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I've sold pallet loads of bricks and a few Staffy blue roof tiles etc. We don't bother with sewer pipe because there is no aesthetic value in something that is buried beneath the ground. I wouldn't have thought those bodies interested in English Heritage and listed buildings etc are going to enforce authenticity on stuff that will never be visible.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've kept the gully top and will call in.

I guess that's the only visible bit so probably the only bit that's ever wanted.

I'll let you know what they say :)

If they swap me a gully top for an old air brick or 2 I'll be pleased.

The pipes all broke, the joints weren't as washed out as I hoped so the collars split.

I've taken stuff to a rclaimation yard in the past , doors , panelling tiles and what have you. As said you may only get pennies for the stuff , they don't pay a fortune despite what a lot of them seem to charge. Also to note is that things go in and out of fashion. I recently took a cast iron bath and some window frames . They weren't interested in either saying no one is buying cast iron baths now. As for the windows he didn't even want them for free. As it was the reclaimation yard is practically next door to the scrapyard so the bath and a few other bits went there.

Sponsored Links
Back