semi detached hip to gable for main house, then hip roof for extension

Well only that, that little slope of the existing hip would be visible until you secure Planning for the re-designed hip roof over the extension and then built it as the eaves would line through, etc...

The sooner you can submit the CoL application, the better. The 8 weeks you’d have to wait for a determination to be made on the CoL application, the majority if not all of that would be absorbed by the current lockdown anyway. Your architect has all the information needed to prepare and submit the CoL application and would probably appreciate the work in this current climate.

Note that Planning would normally carry out a site visit for a CoL application so it’s quite important you don’t carry on with the extension hip roof yet. You can still get on with the single storey rear extension in the meantime. That is of course if your LPA are still carrying out visits.

Sponsored Links
I will speak to him in the morning and explain everything so he’s onboard, thanks again doha for all the advice you’ve really cleared everything up for me!

Quick one, I will be positioning my bathroom and study at the front of the house in the loft. I’m pretty sure fitting velux comes under permitted development, just wanted to know is there any limits on this? I’m hoping I can fit in 2 large ones on the front elevation. 1.6x1.6m approx. Do you think the LPA would have a problem if I put it in the tie COL application with the hip/gable conversion and dormer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back