Semi to Fully pumped upgrade Questions. Pics included

Sponsored Links
DP's way looks fine, depends what's easiest really.
If you put apump where I said, it doesn't interact with the CH side, and you don't need a 2 port, and you don't interfere with the cold feed to the boiler. I've done it half a doz times I suppose. With the pump inside the boiler you're a bit better off for space.

Sponsored Links
Sorry fella, I was looking at the old Oil Fired Danesmore DG 30 which was stopped in 78, didn't realise Worcester carried on doing them only for oil though doh my apologies.

Just been looking at the 2 diagrams for the Potterton Kingfisher MKII for a fully pumped congiguration and gravity configuration, essentially this is the same boiler you have here so the same applies.

What you have to do is make the current HW flow pipe the system vent to the F+E tank only. The current HW return pipe needs to be the new Cold feed from the F+E tank only.

The pump then needs to be within a couple of foot from the boiler on your curent central heating flow, this essentially close couples the system, stopping it from drawing in any air.

From the pump run a new pipe to the cylinder cupboard to be your new primary flow or if your current CH heating flow pipe goes near the cylinder cupboard use this. On the end of this put your 3 port valve. From the one side of the valve run your new hw flow to the cylinder, from the other side of the valve you will have to try and find a heating primary flow and then connect to it.

The HW and CH return are already correctly configured.

Job done!

This is the only way you can correctly do it without having problems in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back