sending files

Sponsored Links
probably becaue its a file

i can not send files, but i can sen the contents of files, so i am in the same boat as you

Is the file too big ? (some ISP's have a limit on the size of e-mails they can receive)
Or check your/their security settings (OE is good at quarantining attachments that "may" harm your computer - this normally shows by showing an attachment,but you cannot actually highlight/click on it)

If the first,you may be able to compress the file (with winzip/winrar or similar) to get round it.

Sponsored Links
What antivirus/firewall software is the recipient running? It's probably being filtered. Try sending the email to someone else (me if u like. Address in profile).

It's commonplace for security software to block, rename or remove files attached to e-mails. That's because so many junk e-mails have viruses attached. The usual way round this is, as Powertool has suggested, to compress the file. You can do this with Winzip (shareware) or Zipcentral (freeware). Winzip will also allow you to split an attachment and spread it over multiple e-mails to get around size limits.

Try sending yourself an e-mail with the file attached. This works just like posting yourself a letter. If it arrives you'll know that neither your PC nor your own ISP is blocking the attachment. If it doesn't work, try sending yourself the zipped file. Once you know you can get it out onto the internet you can try sending it to the intended recipient.

Recent versions of outlook automatically block exes and other types of attachments (screen savers happen to be one of these). The blocking seems to happen at the receiving end so the sender will not be even aware that the reciepient didn't get the attachment.

You need to play with the registry to allow these to get through.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm

Back