Separate hob, double oven-terminal outlet required?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Current freestanding electric cooker (11.3kW) is connected to a terminal outlet before going to the CCU. I am replacing this with a separate double oven (4kW) and ceramic hob (6.4kW). Existing system is cabled with 6mm T&E and 32a MCB.
Main question is do the new appliances need to be wired to the terminal unit or can they both go directly into the CCU without a terminal unit in the equation?
I have read other threads that suggest putting them both onto separate circuits but opinion seems to be divided on this.

Sponsored Links
In this case it is more a question of what is neat, and safe, and that depends on the mechanical layout.

Hob will be directly above the oven. The existing CCU which incorporates a 13amp socket and which I would like to still use is just to one side.

So, am I ok to wire them both into this CCU with 6mm cable?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back