Separate oven and hob on one circuit?

And please don't try to dismiss the principle of requiring evidence as "an opinion".
I'm not going to discuss the specific issue, but, as a generalisation, I would suggest that only a very arrogant person would believe that something definitely did not exist unless they (or even 'anyone') were/was currently aware of convincing evidence of its existence.

I would have no problem with your saying that you were unaware of any evidence for the existence of X, but to jump from that to an assertion that X does not exist is as unscientific as it is to believe in something for which there is no evidence.

You only have to go back relatively small amounts of time to the days when there was no evidence for the existence of all sorts of things which the passage of time has clearly demonstrated do exist.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I'm not going to discuss the specific issue, but, as a generalisation, I would suggest that only a very arrogant person would believe that something definitely did not exist unless they (or even 'anyone') were/was currently aware of convincing evidence of its existence.
An invented concept for which there is zero evidence is an invention of something which does not exist.

I would have no problem with your saying that you were unaware of any evidence for the existence of X, but to jump from that to an assertion that X does not exist is as unscientific as it is to believe in something for which there is no evidence.
It's fiction.

It's made up.

It is an invention.

It is not real.

You only have to go back relatively small amounts of time to the days when there was no evidence for the existence of all sorts of things which the passage of time has clearly demonstrated do exist.
I think you'll find that there is a qualitative difference between that and claiming the existence of something for which there is no evidence.

What’s the difference between God and an electrician?

Electricians exist.

Seems equally humourous to me.

Even I have a limit to how far off-topic a discussion I am prepared to engage with in an "Electrics" forum. I participate in philosophy-related etc. discussion groups for that sort of thing, and am inclined to suggest that you should do likewise.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
That is because normal behaviour is inadequate. I have higher standards than normal.

And please don't try to dismiss the principle of requiring evidence as "an opinion".
Absolutely right BAS. I look forward to seeing your evidence that God does not exist.

Absolutely right BAS. I look forward to seeing your evidence that God does not exist.
It appears that the absence of evidence that something exists can be taken as convincing evidence that it does not exist.

As I wrote, if that is the case, then history indicates that a lot of such "evidence" has shown itself to be somewhat lacking.

Kind Regards, John

I responded not to what BAS had originally written but, rather, to the fact that, in response to my rating someone's post as 'Like', he wrote:..
Of course I did.

If you like it when A levels an accusation against B it can't be because you disagree with A.

And oh, look.

You and JohnW2 think that there can be evidence of the non-existence of something for which there is no evidence of existence.

Pathetic.

This is turning into a electrical forum "discussion''.?
Even I have a limit to how far off-topic a discussion I am prepared to engage with in an "Electrics" forum. I participate in philosophy-related etc. discussion groups for that sort of thing, and am inclined to suggest that you should do likewise.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back