Sepp Blatter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So Sepp Blatter feels that the referee shouldn't have sent off Lehmann so early as it spoiled the game, can't seem to remember him saying the same when Del Horno was sent off against Barca previously.
Not suggesting Blatter is biased against Chelsea for a moment!
NOT MUCH!!!

Sponsored Links
Not clean football anymore these days, even the goalkeeper Lehmann admitted the foul to stop them scoring, I don't enjoy football like I used to, fed up with the jumping and diving. They seems to want to win all costs and don't care how they do it. I feel sorry for the referee sometime when a quick decision have to be made.

There's too much money in football

I like the rugby reffing nowadays on TV, with the microphone communication being relayed to us, he is talking to the players most all of the time, warning, explaining .. They even listen, some of the time !! Can be more informative than the commentator !!
A 'sin bin' may be more effective for some offences in soccer.. A chance to atone a misdemeanor maybe?
:D

What goes, BEEEP<BEEEP<BEEEP<BEEEP?
Answer. Arsenal's open top bus reversing back into the garage :LOL: :LOL:

BE HAPPY

Sponsored Links
masona said:
Not clean football anymore these days, even the goalkeeper Lehmann admitted the foul to stop them scoring, I don't enjoy football like I used to, fed up with the jumping and diving. They seems to want to win all costs and don't care how they do it. I feel sorry for the referee sometime when a quick decision have to be made.

There's too much money in football

Completely agree with this and what's depressing is that this kind of behaviour is showing in youth teams nowadays, even under 9's!

the best way to penalise premiership teams for bad sportsmanship is points deduction.
a financial penalty for the wealthier clubs is simply not punitive enough.
if they new they would loose valuable points then maybe players would think twice before cheating, gobbing off, etc.

only downside is player sabotage.
if a player new he was going to a rival club during the transfer window then he could potentially obtain a points deduction for his current club.

masona said:
I don't enjoy football like I used to, fed up with the jumping and diving.
A generation ago it was the reverse - far from diving and feigning injury from a tiny tap, or no contact at all, players would get comprehensively clogged but would never let on that they'd been hurt..

kendor said:
So Sepp Blatter feels that the referee shouldn't have sent off Lehmann so early as it spoiled the game, can't seem to remember him saying the same when Del Horno was sent off against Barca previously.
Not suggesting Blatter is biased against Chelsea for a moment!
NOT MUCH!!!

Appears to me to be a dig at UEFA by Blatter for choosing a ref for the Champions League Final whom FIFA, which Blatter is President of, did not choose for the World Cup. Was that also Uefa giving FIFA the bird for not choosing certain refs it thought should be going to World Cup...who knows for sure?

One thing I am sure of though is that these two organisations do not like each other and appear to take pot-shots at each other...football suffers!

I personally don't have a problem with the decision, but really a more experienced ref ought to have been in charge and maybe the advantage could've been played with the goal, not sending Lehmann off and we would've had a better spectacle. But to the letter of the law, can't fault ref on that decision...and I'm an Arsenal fan!

Blatter, in his position, ought to have maintained a dignified silence.

empip said:
I like the rugby reffing nowadays on TV, with the microphone communication being relayed to us, he is talking to the players most all of the time,
I have noticed that for the first time with the Arsenal game, the referee was wearing a ear phone. I though this was for the communication with the playback video if undecided :?:

ban-all-sheds said:
masona said:
I don't enjoy football like I used to, fed up with the jumping and diving.
A generation ago it was the reverse - far from diving and feigning injury from a tiny tap, or no contact at all, players would get comprehensively clogged but would never let on that they'd been hurt..
That's the football I used to enjoyed, in the year round about the 1970 was good football. The player I admired are Georgie Best, Bobby Charlton, Dennis Law, Nobby Stiles, Trevor Brooking, Bobby Moore and plenty of others etc....

I also believed Bobby Charlton never been booked :?:

End of season dinner dance at Arsenal FC

MENU:-

Starter

Egg on Face

Seasoned Hash

Frogs legs (past their best)

Spanish Surprise (well beaten)

Main course

Humble Pie

Chump Chops

French (has) Beans

Manager's Beef (not rare)

Catch of the Day - big lemon Sol (gutted)

NB: everything is imported, nothing is home grown.

Dessert

Sour Grapes (may be hard to swallow)

Fruitless Tarts

Raspberry Fools

Hard Cheese

Drinks

Bitter

Little Spirit

French Whine

Cabernet Empty 2006

Champagne - sorry none ordered

STRICTLY NO DOUBLES OR TREBLES

NB: drinks should be consumed from glasses as there will be no cups this year

It's all well and good penalising players but the refs should be also for inconsistancy.

masona said:
empip said:
I like the rugby reffing nowadays on TV, with the microphone communication being relayed to us, he is talking to the players most all of the time,
I have noticed that for the first time with the Arsenal game, the referee was wearing a ear phone. I though this was for the communication with the playback video if undecided :?:

Nah, that was the tip of a mobile phone one of the fans drove it into his head in passing, as they do.
Gooner to goner .. easy !!

:D :D :D

kendor said:
It's all well and good penalising players but the refs should be also for inconsistancy.

They are but its not publicsied..all referees are giving points after a game by a referees assessor, the more points the higher up the table they go..onto the 'select group' and higher..

The selct group was going to be disbanded because it was judged that some of the referees were taking themseves a bit too seriously and seeing themseves as the stars.
It was also felt that the incosistences were highlighted more the higher up the referee was.

They all make mistakes...a ref has to make a decision in literally seconds..not easy

The thing that annoys me with them is when they treat other teams differently and favour the likes of man utd..corrupt refs? bungs?..I dunno I dont think there are many, but biased refs..plenty of them!

Their worse trait is ignorance...I recently see a ref send a player off for what look like a bad tackle..the player protested his innocence...and even the player who went down said he slipped and the other guy didnt touch him...but the ref was having none of it..they wont budge or listen to reason becasue half of the are so up themselves its unreal.

STrange bunch...very power mad they have a need for control, they come from the same mould as trafic wardens and balifs..strange bunch

Sponsored Links
Back