Septic tank pump is not removing the water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My septic tank was recently blocked and because of the recent flooding I didn't get a chance to unblock it and as a result I think there is air in the pump which means it is no longer pumping out the water to the soakaway so the tank is pretty full.

In the past I have seen someone repair it by putting water into the pump and was wondering if anyone had any experince or advice about this as I woudl like to fix it today if possible.

Sponsored Links
you can try pouring water down the outlet, idea being it forces the air out (but you may need a lot of water quickly (try a bucket full)

you can try pouring water down the outlet,

if you have acess to the pump without getting covered in anything, tip it on its side, if that doesnt work, leave it running, and pull the outlet hose off (bearing in mind it should very quiclkly start pumping)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the late reply. In the end I found out that once you clear the pipe the pump needs water in the outlet pipe for it to get going. It was fiddly but it worked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back