SErious Electrics problem! Help needed !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while back, I was having a shower and then it just shut off. The fuse seemed fine, so took the cover of the fusebox and had a good look around. To protect my hands from being shocked, I prodded about with a screwdriver and held the plastic handle. All of a sudden, there was a massive bang and flash and the fuse box was all melted and black. I am a hard-working and very busy man with kids and a wife that need electricity, so I have fixed it, but I need a more permanent fix.

Wearing gloves trhoughout, I cut the two huge fat cables leading up to the box. I brought lots of electrical cable and tape from the diy shop to fix it. I soldered two wires from the cable on to each end of the fat cables and put some tape over the joints. I also used some tape to hold the cables so that the solder was under less strees. I drilled a hole through the garage wall and another one through the house wall. I fed the cable through and stripped it carefully with gloves. I connected this to a single socket and covered the back with tape to keep it insulated. Into this i plugged my computer plus hwich has lots of plugs for other stuff. I have manages to get the kitchen going using some electrical cable and plugs on each end.

My problem is, I cant get the lights or the shower working. The plug fuses keep blowing. Can u tell me how to fix this so I can save some money on a electrician (im guessing ill have to fit a new fusebox?)

Sponsored Links
Very good, are you sure you don't have anything better to do :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Oh dearie me :LOL:
Get a competant electrician in mate before you do some serious damage to yourself or your family

ricicle said:
Get a competant electrician in mate before you do some serious damage to yourself

I think it's too late, he's fried all his brain cells already. :D

Did you earth the single socket? If not it will end in disaster. Take a plant pot full of soil and run a wire from it . . . :LOL:

Tim 77 said:
ricicle said:
Get a competant electrician in mate before you do some serious damage to yourself

I think it's too late, he's fried all his brain cells already. :D

hey i've managed to get a temporary fix going I just need help making it proper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back