New electric hob installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit an electric hob to replace a gas hob. The oven is electric. Do I need to run a suitable dedicated cable from fusebox to kitchen and can the cable run outside if protected, so I can access the kitchen at the rear of house? ( Fuse box is located in garage at front of house)

Sponsored Links
What cable supplies the oven? What c/b / fuse protects the cable? Is the whole CU rcd protected? Most hobs come fitted with a cable and a 13a plug on these days(there are exceptions) so they can be simply plugged in.

Sponsored Links
BAS, i did say there are exceptions. Most of the ones i have seen recently had plugs on.(Must have been a sale on at the S@@D

wingcoax";p="1698000 said:
What cable supplies the oven? What c/b / fuse protects the cable? Is the whole CU rcd protected? Most hobs come fitted with a cable and a 13a plug on these days(there are exceptions) so they can be simply plugged in.[/quote

Thanks for reply. The Hob will be an induction hob. The oven is supplied by 13 amp fuse switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back