Server iffy ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the past couple of days, when trying to access this forum, I have been getting lots of 404 errors and very slow loading of pages at times. I'm not having any other related Internet access problems, everything else runs at full speed. Is there an issue with the diynot server? I'm on Plusnet (BT) if that makes a difference.

Sponsored Links
Coincidentally,

US orders emergency action after huge cyber security breach
Homeland security tells all federal agencies to disconnect from widely used software

https://www.ft.com/content/3a635e09-221c-49af-a582-97bc4e803747

"The US has issued an emergency warning after discovering that “nation-state” hackers hijacked software used by almost all Fortune 500 companies and multiple federal agencies to gain entry to secure IT systems.

Hundreds of thousands of organisations around the world use SolarWinds’ Orion platform.

The US department of Homeland Security’s cyber security arm ordered all federal agencies to disconnect from the platform, which is used by IT departments to monitor and manage their networks and systems. FireEye, a leading cyber security company that said it had fallen victim to the hack last week, said it had already found “numerous” other victims including “government, consulting, technology, telecom and extractive entities in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East”.

UK systems are also under attack, especially those concerned with Covid vaccines.

A country to the East of Ukraine has been mentioned.

yeah, me too. Slow connection. Probably due to too many parcels backing up the mail delivery, or Google crashing, or the Russian/Chinese hacking of US servers.

issues here too, as above likely linked, it seems those servers that have been targeted supply quite a lot of industry, and there may be a lot of knock on effect

Sponsored Links
Rather than the elaborate conspiracy theory of Russian hacks, Covid, Brexit or Boris, I would suggest that the account of nonsense posted in GD has finally formed a giant datacrapberg and blocked the DIYnot server.

Rather than the elaborate conspiracy theory of Russian hacks, Covid, Brexit or Boris, I would suggest that the account of nonsense posted in GD has finally formed a giant datacrapberg and blocked the DIYnot server.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In which case - are you going to go and dig it out?

It does seem to be a more general issue - Facebook and my local council site is also now misbehaving.

We had some database issues yesterday (and overnight) unrelated to the Google incident, which meant the database wasn't running at full steam and intermittently slowed down, but hopefully we're back to normal today.

I've noticed the DIYnot forums have been slightly slow the past few days

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back