Service /clean a bosch condenser drier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bosch exxcel condenser drier - approx 3 yrs old. It hasn't had much wear -but I have been using it more recently (just got the energy meter out again to try and make me less lazy!)

I was just wondering if I should be doing anything more to keep it happy...

I empty the lint filter every wash and clean the condenser approx once every 6 loads

but...the water tank looks like it is accumulating some slime in the bottom...
and the other day it seemed to take longer than expected to dry a couple of loads and the lint filter wasn't as full as it usually is...
I pulled quite a few big lumps of fluff out the vent things around the lint filter housing inside of the door and that seemed to help...

I think it would be good if it was easy to take that bit off for a good clean
(tried to hoover it but it doesn't seem to work that well)

Tried to find a service manual on line but no success so far...

Any advice???

Sponsored Links
You won't get a service manual, they are trade only.
Fluff is definitely not your friend...on any kind tumble dryer. Post the "E-number on the door sticker so we know exactly which model you have.

The model no is WTE84307/GB is that what you need? Thanks

You can download user instructions here http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/quick-links/customer-service/download-product-manuals.html Click download product instructions then enter the full E-number (i.e. WTE84307GB/05). You seem to have good routines for cleaning your machine. About the only other things I would add is that you should wash the filter mesh carefully with warm water & washing up liquid a couple of times a year as the mesh tends to get clogged over time. While you have the filter out carefully vacuum out the cavity it sits in & keep the heat exchanger clean. A little fluff will always its way past the filter & the pump can easily get clogged on Bosch dryers. When it happens no water gets pumped up to the water tray & the clean filter alarm lights up. However should that ever happen it isn't a huge job to rectify.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I will wash the lint filter out...
the last bit of my model number is 13 ...sorry couldn't get to the machine last night...
The user instructions for mine doesn't say anything about cleaning the moisture sensors things in the front of the drum...I'm guessing that was added later...

Is it difficult to take the lint filter housing off? can see a couple of screws on the front but didn't want to risk it....I poked the excess fluff out with a wooden skewer...but it was a bit of a pain -thought there must be an easier way...

And can I wash the slime in the water tank out with vinegar and water? I think it is ecover fabric conditioner - it looks like the stuff that builds up around the bottle lid...

No need to go overboard...removing the front is a BIG job just for the sake of a few dust bunnies. Fabric conditioner/detergent remnants can block the filter mesh over time. It can also cause the conductivity measurement device to malfunction (the two parallel bars just inside the drum). By all means use a water/vinegar solution a couple of times a year to clean the conductive bars. You could rinse the water tank with the same mixture, but slime in the tank will not cause a machine fault. However slime mixed with fluff will certainly block your pump sooner or later, it is bound to happen at some point. When it does post on the same thread & I'll give you a workaround. Not many owners take the time & effort you have to maintain their machines...so well done! 10 points:cool:

No need to go overboard...removing the front is a BIG job just for the sake of a few dust bunnies. Fabric conditioner/detergent remnants can block the filter mesh over time. It can also cause the conductivity measurement device to malfunction (the two parallel bars just inside the drum). By all means use a water/vinegar solution a couple of times a year to clean the conductive bars. You could rinse the water tank with the same mixture, but slime in the tank will not cause a machine fault. However slime mixed with fluff will certainly block your pump sooner or later, it is bound to happen at some point. When it does post on the same thread & I'll give you a workaround. Not many owners take the time & effort you have to maintain their machines...so well done! 10 points:cool:

I have a three year old Exxcel 7 Tumble Drier and the 'Container Full' lamp is coming on after a few minutes of drying , even though the water container is empty. I have cleaned the unit out (side panels and internally) and have checked the black tube that runs from the top back left to the bottom back left. The tube is clear. I presume that the white plastic at the bottom back left , into which the black tube is connected, is the top of the condenser. If this is so then I also assume that the problem is gunge inside the condenser. How best do I clean the condenser, mention elsewhere of washing up liquid or vinegar. Any help would be much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back