Bosch Serie 8 Dryer Not Drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Any domestic appliance gurus out there that can provide advice please?

As stated, the dryer does not dry the clothes at all when any of the automatic cycles is selected. However, when selecting a timed cycle, the dryer seems to work fine. I have stripped the machine down and done the following:

-Vacuumed lots of lint out of the internals.
-Tested the thermostat, confirmed working.
-Ensured lint filters thoroughly cleaned.
-Inspected sump pump, heat exchanger, condenser and associated plumbing. Confirmed no issues. Cleaned minimal amount of lint from condenser but there was barely anything in there as this is sealed and supposedly self cleaning.

The compressor turns on as expected and the heat pump seems to be working fine as this works when a timed programme is selected i.e. warm cycle for 90 mins.

The moisture sensor looks brand new (no crud caked on the face of it). How do I test that it is working as all now seems to point to this as being the problem? My theory is that the automatic programmes have to rely on the moisture sensor to determine when to automatically shut the machine off when the load reaches the desired dryness level. The machine seems to be unable to determine this and shuts off after a period of time with the clothes still wet. I would like to test it before buying a new one (the sensor) but not sure how to do so.

Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back