service interval reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can you tell me how to reset the service interval readout on the instument
panel,on my Corsa Breeze 2007 [57] 1.2...

Sponsored Links
From Ebay via Google

"There's no great ''trade secret'' as to how to reset the service indicator lamp on most Vauxhall's, simply refer to pages in the Owner's Handbook!

For reference of those interested in such matters, but who might not have access to an owner's manual, this is the procedure to follow:

Vauxhall service reset

•Turn Ignition Off
•Hold Trip Reset In
•Turn Ignition On Still Holding
•Trip Reset wait for three dashes
•Turn off Ignition
•Turn on Ignition to confirm
To the best of my knowledge, the above service light reset procedure applicable to most Vauxhalls"

Can't vouch for the accuracy of that info though

I hope that the original poster will let us know if this procedure does indeed work for his car, or any other car owner's for their cars of different makes.

Wotan

From Ebay via Google

"There's no great ''trade secret'' as to how to reset the service indicator lamp on most Vauxhall's, simply refer to pages in the Owner's Handbook!

For reference of those interested in such matters, but who might not have access to an owner's manual, this is the procedure to follow:

Vauxhall service reset

•Turn Ignition Off
•Hold Trip Reset In
•Turn Ignition On Still Holding
•Trip Reset wait for three dashes
•Turn off Ignition
•Turn on Ignition to confirm
To the best of my knowledge, the above service light reset procedure applicable to most Vauxhalls"

Can't vouch for the accuracy of that info though
I have just tried this test on my BMW 520I, the results were interesting...
holding trip reset button in, then turning key to position one, the whole console did a complete self test, fuel and temp gauges, and speedo and rev counter went full scale, then returned to zero, oil service and inspection all reset themselves.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
I know that works on many VW cars and their close relations (Skoda, Seat etc).

holding trip reset button in, then turning key to position one, the whole console did a complete self test, fuel and temp gauges, and speedo and rev counter went full scale, then returned to zero, oil service and inspection all reset themselves.
I didn't realise BMWs were related to Vauxhalls.

I didn't realise BMWs were related to Vauxhalls.
I never suggested they were, it was just an observation to see what would happen.

Wotan

Back