Service price

Reaction score
Dear experts and enthusiasts,

I have a Vaillant boiler, megaflo and magna and id like them all serviced in one go. They are all two years old.

What should I expect to be charged for service for all three. In perfect working order. I also need them to stamp my service book too. Any recommendations would also be welcome.

Thanks

Casa (Harrow)

Sponsored Links
The heating industry is part of the free market economy. There aren't any nationally enforced rates like prescriptions. It's a bit like asking 'how much should I expect to be charged by a wh*re?'.

I was getting quotes around the £70 mark. This does not include parts if anything needs replacing. Also the word service means different things to different companies ask what it is they will be doing for the money you are paying.

£70 is cheap. I'd charge £90+vat for that, but you would get a proper boiler service not just a combustion analysis

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. I think £90+ is reasonable. Vaillant charge that just for the boiler service but they use local service gas safe engineers to come out not Vaillant service engineers. Thanks again.

£70 is cheap. I'd charge £90+vat for that, but you would get a proper boiler service not just a combustion analysis

Or maybe £90 is expensive :rolleyes:

I got several quotes for a valiant boiler service last year from different indepentant gas engineers. £70 was the flavour.

Look at the appliance manual what service requirements are
Then ask the person carrying out the task what price
£70.00 unlikely to cover the cost of proper service on three items

Or maybe £90 is expensive :rolleyes:

I got several quotes for a valiant boiler service last year from different indepentant gas engineers. £70 was the flavour.
Did your £70 include servicing an unvented cylinder and cleaning a magnetic filter though?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back