service valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm going to fit a mira exel mixer shower to work off my combi boiler, it's difficult getting access to the pipes, the only way if there is a problem would be through the garage ceiling, if i install service valves i could access them if i cut a hole through the garage ceiling i'm just wondering if it's worth the bother and also are there any problems with this type of shower and using service valves, was just wondering if they reduce the flow at all :D

Sponsored Links
Not noticable loss. If you're worried use full bore gate valves. Always useful to be able to isolate individual water outlets for service and repair without having to disable the whole system. Have seen may threads where there is a problem turning off the mains supply for a dripping tap, so 30 mins now will potentially save a lot of heartache later.

i suppose i could have a little acces hole in the garage roof and fit service valves then just in case, were would be the best place to buy full bore valves can't semm to find them anywhere online :D

Sponsored Links
I'm sure that normal 'ballofix' valves will do. Unless you have low water pressure you should fit the flow restrictor onto the shower hose anyway for a combi, so the flow would not be any different than if you had used full bore lever valves...

but a definite 'yes' to isolation valves.

[/quote]if you had used full bore lever valves

Have i mis-advised the fitting?? I need to know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back