Servicing and guarantee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a letter from Vaillant on the 1.12.09 telling me my boiler needs servicing to take advantage of the second year guarantee. I am planning on getting it services early January when funds will allow. Will they still honor the guarantee?

Sponsored Links
if something goes wrong between now and getting it serviced they could say it you have broken warrenty agreement and you are not covered, if nothing happens and you get it serviced in Jan and ask them if they would have covered you they will say "yes, of course" it is like every other warrenty it is fine till you try to claim

Sponsored Links
The legal wording usually says you should have it serviced ( and documented ) within the first year from installation.

It is my experience that most manufacturers dont make an issue about this as long as you are not rude or have "an attitude".

Only manufacturers faults are usually covered and any issues caused by dirt in the system etc. will not be covered and usually if you insist on a warrantee call then it will be chargeable if the problem is not as a result of the failure of a manufacturer's part.

I recommend that in the event of any problem then the installer should be called to check whats wrong. If he says its a manufacturer's problem and it turns out to be as a result of a poor installation then he should be asked to put it right and pay any manufacturer's charges.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back