SERVICING COSTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing better than asking a client with an icos to "pop the kettle on" then explaining that you want it to pour over their boiler

:):):):)

Boilers Eh???

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the information, £70 to £80 hey? A lot of money for a clean with a brush. I think I'll take your advice and do it myself. Thanks again.

Thanks for the information, £70 to £80 hey? A lot of money for a clean with a brush. I think I'll take your advice and do it myself. Thanks again.

who advised THAT????????????

honestly dont do it they are a swine to service

and as has been said it takes at least two odd hours to clean the heat exchanger properly

And you have to buy that £500 flue gas analyser to use only once a year!

Tony

Sponsored Links
And you have to buy that £500 flue gas analyser to use only once a year!

Tony

Lol ah but Tony that's only for the first year, after that you only need to spend a couple of hundred a year to calibrate it.

lol....nice bait.

ill bite anyway.

yes service it yourself. if we are lucky it will be one less response and one less smart arse customer.

BTW ive never found the response to be anywhere near as bad as the minimiser for crud build up.

I appreciate your encouragement, its given me confidence to give it a go. I thought I would get over the problem of fitting new seals by using bathroom sealant, good quality stuff of course, I don't know which seals I need or where to get them anyway. Cleaning the heat exchanger cant be any worse than cleaning my stainless steel saucepans when I have burnt them real bad after forgetting they were on the cooker.

See.....general sarcasm and irony, much nicer than the abuse. It's what we're used to :D

I appreciate your encouragement, its given me confidence to give it a go. I thought I would get over the problem of fitting new seals by using bathroom sealant, good quality stuff of course, I don't know which seals I need or where to get them anyway. Cleaning the heat exchanger cant be any worse than cleaning my stainless steel saucepans when I have burnt them real bad after forgetting they were on the cooker.

i always like a trier.

you wont need any seals or bathroom sealant. the only seal that gets messed up during a service is the fan seal.

can i suggest instead of buying a £500 FGA like my esteemed idiot tony suggested you simply remove the test point on the top left of the boiler and leave it off permanently. it will allow you (or the investigating corgi engineer) to assess how bad the combustion really is in a real time scenario.

This minimiser don't seem to be a popular boiler with you guys as far as cleaning is concerned. Don't take this the wrong way, would the reason be you have to spend a bit of time and elbow grease to get the job done with this boiler. I happen to have a neat little sander that gets in most cracks and crannies, thus eliminating a lot of hard work. This clean or service when I have done should improve the efficiency and reliability of this boiler as its not been igniting first time lately. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back