Servicing my combi boiler

• Thread starter FrenchConnection67
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FrenchConnection67

Hi DIYers,

It is time to service my combi boiler which is an ideal he35 for those who knows this model. It is only three years old but it has never been serviced since I bought the house.

I am not a gas registered but I am fairly handy with my hands as I am a electro-mechanical service engineer. looking at the service manual, it is very well explained. Cleaning the heat exchanger, fan/venturi and the condensation pipe but there is just a step where I d need more information before proceeding.

They want me to undo a gas pipe which supply the fan/venture but don't mention anything about the type of sealing used. I am assuming that if they don't mention anything about gas dope or other type of sealing to be applied, I can just retighter (not too much) the fitting back the way it was and check the connection for leak with soapy water becvause it is a compression fitting with an olive. But I would appreciate if professional in heating could back this up so I am not doing anything wrong. Again, I may not be gas registered but I am very meticulous and methodolic in terms of maintenance, I woud not touch a equipment without the right information.

You can see what I am talking about if you download the service manual and look at the page 41

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...joH4CA&usg=AFQjCNHslYpqO21URbbfZDuo7_cdAXSvtw

Thanks for your advice guys.

PS: Preachers who will only leave comments to tell me that this work shuld be done by a competent person can abstain to get involved, please.

Sponsored Links
PS. I abstain.

I'm very meticulous and good with my hands too. But she still left me. Get the point??

Here's your first preacher. Expect many more cause you won't get any diy gas advice on here. Good bye :LOL: Time waster, you've interupted strictly. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Why don't you call out a gas safe engineer and have it serviced??????????

Andy

because they charge 50 pounds for basically hoovering the heat exchanger and that's it! last one who came didn't even give me any certificate for insurance and you know why, because it was a simple plumber trying to make money out of nothing! doing central heating servicing on the side

You say you're a trained professional and yet you are on a DIY website. Pot and Kettle? :rolleyes:

Am I here to preach and patronise others????? No, I am here to get expertise from others on domain that I don't master. not afraid to say it! but I am absolutely sick of those guys who are only here to reply to thread to say....."have you thought about calling aprofessional to do this work?" hum.....obviously not, that's why he s on that bloody website!!!!!!

Do you have or have you access to the test equipment and know how to use it to check the settings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back