Combi boiler and turning off services

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have a rented property, which will be empty while new tenants are found. It is a condition of the insurance that services(apart from electrify) are turned off within 20 days.
My question is if we turn of the water / gas how will this affect the combi boiler. If the property is empty during the colder months, will the frost protection kick in?
If I turn of the HW and CH do I need to do anything else.

Sorry for the silly questions,but I have no neighbours to rely on to check the property and I don't trust the agents to check regularly.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
If the insurance company is a problem here the only way is to turn off everything apart from the electric and use a small blow heater in the house set to a low setting to prevent ice in harsh conditions.
The combi will fine left with this arrangement.

You can turn the water off and the heating will still work ok, if you leave the heating on constant and just turn the room stat to say 12 degrees it will keep the place warm enough so nothing will be affected by the cold.

What your insurance want is for the heating and water system to be drained. Or you have to provide frost protection ( put heating on constant And leave low 8-10)

Sponsored Links
Hi
We have a rented property, which will be empty while new tenants are found.
no neighbours to rely on to check the property and I don't trust the agents to check regularly.
Months to find new tenants, and you don't trust them to do what you are paying them to do?
Time to get a new agent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back