Servis M7665 Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our Fridge Freezer has gone wrong & it turns out to be the thermostat. The draw fronts are all knackered so don't want to spend too much on it & it seems that the thermostat for this model is around £25. I bought a cheap VS5 thermostat & have just now fitted it but am a little worried that it will not do the job! The VS5 is around 2m long & the original 526012803 (3ART) seems just over 1m. I have pushed the capillary in as far as it will go & coiled the rest up. I have fitted the wiring as per the original (3 to red, 6 to Brown, 4 to black) & the fridge/freezer is currently cooling. I couldn't see where the capillary actually ends up other than there is a tube to feed it in! I therefore wonder whether the original is designed to control the fridge temperature & not the freezer. Any thoughts? I am an Electronics Engineer by trade but can't seem to find much data about these thermostats & their pin-outs!
I only want to keep this fridge/freezer going while we procure a new one but we are struggling to find one with sturdy draws & anough fridge & freeer space!

All help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The stats usually control the freezer temp & cold air then circulates the fridge to cool it either by vents or forced air (fan in the bottom)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back