ZANUSSI ZRB 291W Thermastat capillary tube routing problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I want to replace the thermostat in the fresh food compartment of the fridge/freezer.
The problem is the capillary tube from the stat is routed through the side wall insulation of the appliance and cannot be seen.
There are no removable panels that I can see to gain access.
I would think that the capillary tube would be run to the fresh food compartment evaporator,which seems to be boxed in without any obvious access.
Help Appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Not having much joy with my post?
I wanted to replace the thermostat, due to temperature fluctuations in the fresh food compartment.
I found the freezer compartment had quite a large amount of ice build up, so I defrosted it. (this isn't the type of fridge/freezer that has an air duct between the freezer and the fresh food compartment. ) But I think the main cause of the problem was due to the fresh food compartment being overloaded with food and not allowing air circulation.
When the compartment was packed allowing good circulation, the temperature remained steady, so i didn't have to replace the thermostat after all.
I just thought I would update this post to help anyone with a similar problem, and to prove that over loading and poor air circulation can cause temperature problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back