Servowarm Elite 50 controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My geriatric elite 50 boiler cuts out, or at least the timer/controller does, overnight, resulting in no hot water or heating first thing in the morning. Not good with two teenage daughters in the house, anyone would think it was my personal fault!

The controller timer resets to midnight then when I start the thing it buzzes and rattles for about 5 minutes before settling down, the buzzing sounds a bit like a relay not making.

Does it sound like a knackered controller?

If I can get one, and it dopes seem that servowarm parts are a rare thing indeed, is it something a fairly competent diyer can do, or as it's a boiler is it a CORGI only job?

Ta in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
If its the controller is buzzing then it sounds faulty!

Many DIYers do manage to replace them but as electricity is involved anyone doing any work needs to be competent!

Why not wake a teenage daughter early and get her to turn it on manually until the problem is resolved.

Also heating the water last thing at night will have a full tank for the morning!

Tony

Thanks.
I thought it may well be the controller,
I'm fairly competent electrically, Elec engineer so have no real worries about that side of things although not NIC EIC Registered.
I can't seem to find anywhere to get the part though.
Waking a teenage daughter is NOT an option :) I like a quiet life, good call on the idea to heat the water last thing at night though (should have thought of that one myself :rolleyes: )

Servowarm elite 50 with pink buttons /reset button on front and little pump over run pcb.
digital timer

Sponsored Links
no chance of getting a replacing over run PCB as servowarm are no more

sorry

Yep it's got a digi timer with water and heating settings for 7 steps, pink buttons for the igniter, pilot and thermostat and a small reset button, no idea about an overrun pcb though. The buzzing seems to be coming from the digital controller.

So no servowarm = no parts = new boiler all for one bl00dy part!

If I keep it running it doesn't cause a problem, would you say this is OK in the short term (other than racking up my gas bill) while I look for the best deal to change the thing?

Nope if its just the clock pretty certain that can be changed for a normal everyday digital as they are standard,
but very unusual for a digital to buzz its probably the gas valve operator right behind it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back