Sewage Treatment Plant suitable to install under driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My existing septic tank needs to be replaced as it is no longer compliant discharging to a watercourse. The tank is located in the drive and I need to put the new sewage treatment plant in the drive too, either in the same location or next to it.

Anyone able to recommend units suitable for installation under a drive?

Also anyone able to recommend installers that cover Coventry area?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you mean a septic tank or a package treatment plant? Problem with former is it needs a large drainage field. Problem with latter is it needs a water course to outlet into.

Existing is a 1960's septic tank discharging to a watercourse so no longer compliant with 2020 regs. I therefore need to change to a sewage treatment plant or package treatment plant.

The other option would be to keep the septic tank and change the discharge point to a drainage field but that is not an option with the available land and location on the plot in relation to buildings and gravity.

Treatment plant into the watercourse is definitely your best bet. Although you do get some discount on the size of a drainage field for a treatment plant they still tend to come out pretty big.
One thing to watch is that plants can be a bit noisy. A few clients have mentioned they can hear a low hum when the day to day background noise quietens down.

Sorry, can't help with anybody local. The last three or four I've done were with the obvious one - Klargester.

Sponsored Links
Thanks John.

Were any of the ones you have done installed into a drive so cars can drive over and park on the land?

Not really. Driveways yes, but more rural gravel type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back