sewer rod nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me how to remove toilet the screws at bottom pan have rusted thanks for previous help

Sponsored Links
you still not mucking about with that rod ?

can you not drill the head off.

drill them out.
or if you no longer need that pan, hit it with a sledge hammer

have you tried looking for tools in 2 diy shops in derry we live in the 40s ant diy or plumbing shop iasked had not a clue what to do i also have to work you get very little new tools or info in derry

Sponsored Links
If you have a Wilkinson store local, they sell the JML screw remover for about £8.
Don't know if its any good though! :D

have you got that rod out yet ?
and why are you trying to remove the pan ?

i have not got rod out i am trying to remove pan to try push blockage other way thanks

their must be someone in ireland who has some drainage gear.
augers etc.

weeks time i will be in carlow ireland collecting a machine, but hopefully you'll have the rod out by then.

mini-wink-glasses.gif

well hard to say without seeing the job i have never resulted to that.
so if the rod is stuck in the pipe is that from the drain towards the pan or from the drain going away from the pan ?

where is the actual block between the drain and pan ?

the block is along that sewer i only know this because that was the pipe i was clearing

trouble is you might not gain anything removing the pan.
you still may have better access from the drain.

taxi, seco provided you with a link in your previous post on this. Within that link there is a 'Retrieving Tool' for recovery of rods in drains.
retrieving-tool.jpg

Did you get one or are you having trouble locating one?

Getting the Pan off won't solve the problem of the Rod being stuck. You need to get that Rod out mate.

And if you can't be bothered with any of that, get one of these...

buying-a-green-home-welcome-mat.jpg

For the entrance to your new home :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back