Shallow roof angle causing rainwater to overshoot gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a kitchen extension at rear of property with pitched roof with Marley mendip tiles. The pitch is 15 degrees (1 metre vertical , 4 metre horizontal). Rainwater from these tiles correctly drains into the gutter.

However, there is the downpipe from the 1st floor gutter (and the loft extension above) that has a shoe resting on the kitchen shallow roof. This rainwater completely overshoots the gutter and splashing over patio and wooden fence panels.

Is there a way to get resolve this overshooting?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
you could put a 90 bend on it so it discharges across the kitchen roof

or extend the downpipe down the kitchen roof, then have a bend so it discharges into the gutter, along the length of the gutter

Thanks Notch7. If I extend the Downpipe over the roof, what connector do to in recommend ? 90 degree , 112 degree. How do I secure this extra drain pipe?

Thanks Notch7. If I extend the Downpipe over the roof, what connector do to in recommend ? 90 degree , 112 degree. How do I secure this extra drain pipe?
You will need a swan neck at the top (2 x 45deg bends) to get the correct angle to follow the flat roof.

at the bottom maybe a 90 deg + short length of down pipe

securing is awkward - maybe use cement weld if it works on downpipe, then just secure at top, then at bottom with wire strap onto fascia

Sponsored Links
A bit of lead upright in the gutter will prevent the downpipe looking like the start of Monty Python.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back