Shallow tarmac repair instead of cutting and cold press

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After my drive was laid, the installers had to 'repair' a section but it was badly done and I was left with patches which were 10mm below the overall flattened surface. I wasn't prepared to do any deep cut and fill with cold press tarmac and wondered about getting bitumen block to melt and repair.

However, I did have some Carplan Tetroseal Underbody Sealant from a car repair, and a bag of pea gravel from the garden.

This worked really well since I could use a knife to dob some sealant onto the tarmac, put selected bits of pea gravel in and press into the sealant, smearing them over and flattening the surface.

In a couple of places where cracks have appeared from the tarmac sinking past a covered concrete slab, I've just slopped some sealant in and it's perfect.

I know you can buy paint and trowel on , but this has proved to be just as effective and probably (?) cheaper than buying purpose made tarmac and roof repair products.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back