Sharan, Alhambra or Galaxy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

needing to buy a people carrier- Sharan, Alhambra or Galaxy. Going for the 1.9 diesel version 2000 on. (I heard there were problems with some pre 2000 which have now been sorted.)

I know they are all made in the same factory and have the same good vw engine & box. (I have the engine in my current Skoda- fantastic engine...)

Question is: Does anyone know if the other running gear- in particular suspension is the same on each, or do Ford fit their own suspension? I'm not a fan of Ford suspension at all. (I used to be in the motor trade, hence my opinion on things like Ford suspension, but I'm not up to date enough now to know the answer to my question...)

Any opinions on the decision welcome.

Ta
Andy.

Sponsored Links
My mate who is a BMW tech has an Alhambra, he's had no probs so far and as he says; their all the same but the Alhambra is cheaper 'cause of the Seat badge ;)

"Which" says:
MPVs
The Seat Alhambra is virtually the same car as the Ford Galaxy but costs less to buy. If the cars are sold after three years, Alhambra owners would be £4,335 better off.

also

Seat Alhambra
The rather dated Alhambra is the only full-sized MPV we can recommend this year (we haven't yet tested Ford's new Galaxy, which looks to have potential). It's spacious, good value and popular with owners – but the number of faults lets it down.

and

MPVs
No full-sized MPV has done enough to make it into our Best Buy list this year - go for medium. These Japanese mid-sized models have enough seats and practicality for most.

Sponsored Links
if money is no option go with the VW if not the Seat as its just a cheap VW normally using parts from the earlier Volkswagen vehicles. I personally wouldnt touch the ford unless its the one with the narrow angle v6 engine from the VW...

But i'm very very biased! Had a few bad Fords myself!

Back