Shaver Sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why do most / all shaver sockets have both 230 and 110 output? What use is the 110V :?:

Sponsored Links
It's for the convenience of visitors from countries where the mains voltage is in the 100 - 120 volt range.

The 110V is for when you have american visitors. I've always assumed that it's included because it's very cheap to have a second tap on the transformer and seems to justify the 2G profile. I'd prefer that they just put two 230V sockets so that I could charge my shaver when my son is charging his toothbrush!

My last customer wanted one because he had a 110v razor!!!! Which meant he could charge his toothbrush and use his razor at the same time!!!! :D

Sponsored Links
Buy a plug-in adapter. Charge your shaver in the bedroom.

Or check to see if either one will work on 110V...

Or check to see if either one will work on 110V...

Well, since you mention it, the shaver works on 110V. But the plug doesn't fit the 110V socket. If I could be bothered I suppose I could source a suitable lead...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back