double shaver sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if a double shaver socket exists ?
I need to plug in both my shaver and toothbrush, but i can only use one outlet or the other (110v / 230 v). When i plug my shaver into the 110v outlet, the 230v outlet closes?!
Any ideas?:eek: :?:

Sponsored Links
I've only ever fitted two single shaver points if the customer has requested this, usually for his and hers sinks. You can get single gang ones which are quite neat. I've never seen a twin outlet shaver, other than dual voltage ones which, as you say, can only be used one voltage at a time. I'd be interested if anyone has fitted one. Doubt it would be dual voltage though.

I thought that those neat single gang ones were not suitable for use in bathrooms, or are you thinking of something else?

Sponsored Links
No, you can get single gang selv shaver points. I'm not thinking of something else.

No, you can get single gang selv shaver points. I'm not thinking of something else.
Don't think they are SELV ;)
They provide an electrically separate source so the only way you should be able to recieve a shock is to touch both the conductors simultaneously. To install two sources from the same isolation transformer secondary will reduce the safety afforded by the setup, I don't believe they exist for this reason. The only answer I can think of will be to install two of the shaver type sockets so you have two isolation transformers.

Now you mention it, zone 1 isn't the one I meant. Interestingly, I just glanced at the packet I have in front of me, which says it IS suitable for zone 1. I suspect the manufacturer has got this wrong and I apologise for the misleading information. I fit these 600mm from a bath. ANYWAY, these single gang outlets do have a separating transformer and are suitable for bathrooms.

If you look closely you can see the lines where he cropped and pasted...

RDP17X.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back