Shed advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've never bought/owned a shed so I'm after some simple advice, rather than make a costly mistake.

I can get fit an 8ft wide (fence to pond) by 7ft long (fence to grass) paving slab base comfortably in the corner.

This would make the shed only accessible from one side, would this hinder construction?

Is there any particular type of material or roof style that I should avoid in this setting? I was thinking of a tongue and groove apex shed, with the glass windows overlooking the pond.

Thanks in advance.

(please excuse the mess, work in progress ;))

Sponsored Links
It won't hinder cnstruct, providing you build the back walls first.

as a rule of thumb, you really should buy a pre-made shed.
all the fitting work is done for you, and you just litterally nail or screw the sides together.

Don't bother trying to build one from wood. it will cost exctly the same in materials and take 100 times more work.

personally I would buy something like this, but you can pick and choose wht you like (and check th sizes)

http://www.shedsworld.co.uk/p/Shedl...ing.htm.htm?&gclid=COy8yYSp6cICFQiWtAodMQEAEA

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Yes I fully intend to buy a premade shed. Do they go together just like flat pack?

What type roof is most appropriate? Given two sides of the shed will be inches from the fence.

Generally the more pointed the less water will be on it. but it will only make a real difference if we get 2 meters of snow... which is unlikley.
which ever suits you best.

Yes. I think they are pretty much flat pack. just simply due to the simplicity of them... you'll be fine :)

If you ca nlay your own flags, then bolting and screwing the shed togther will be easy for you...

the trick to diy is not to be scared and get stuck in :)

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a fun weekend actually!

The challenge is, how spider proof can I make a tongue and groove shed? ;)

Cheers

lol, not very, they usually come in through the door cracks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back