Shed and Shed base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, i bought my first home late last year and now the weather is looking like its starting to turn nice - i need to sort the garden out!

I'm a complete novice with garden stuff and basically just want to know:

1/. Do i still need a 'shed base' if my garden is flat and block paved?

2/. For an amateur, is it worth me paying for something to put the shed together? Or is it simple enough, just a bit time consuming?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
You can put it straight down on paving if you like. You will need a few things to level it up as the paving will obviously have a slight fall so use any non rotting material. small paving slabs slates etc.

Sheds are very straight forward to go together. Much easier than most ikea stuff, just a bit more unweildy. You will need help.
The roof may come felted or may need felted after erection as sometimes moving a prefelted roof can tear the felt. This is also very straightforward.

Callum please be upfront if you wish to advertise. I'm sure your 'friend' would agree.

Sponsored Links
You could put the shed straight onto block pavers. You just want them to be as level as possible. When the ground isn't completely level, and your shed will have trouble going together, and the door won't function as well as it should

The key is to have the bottom of the shed level. You could use some form of packer to pack it up where needed if you wanted

As far as putting a shed together, you can do it yourself. You may need to purchase some form of drill if you don't already have one, but a Saturday and a few beers will help (depending on the size of your shed)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back