Shed build - idiots guide

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me some pointers to building an eight foot square shed and six foot in height with a sloping roof - must include window and door!!

Ken

Sponsored Links
Is this one any good?

Don't take too much notice of the timber sizes, just to give you some idea

heeelllooo kb29r

my suggestions are work out what material you want to use then find out what size they come in
for example say you go for txg shiplap and it comes in 2.7 and 3m lengths
then 1.5 by 1.5 or 1.5 by 2.7 would be the most economical use of material
of course you can use odd bits either side of the door or window

the secret is to plan metric so dont say six foot or 8 foot say 1.8 and 2.4 :D :D ;)

Sponsored Links
not bad, and I thought my shed build was getting out of hand. It's definitely one for Readers sheds. Only problem is how you hang the washing in the middle. How about one of those old fashioned lines with a pulley wheel at each end? like they used to use between buildings.

I'm also building a shed at the moment, and have just finished the base frame and am planning to put a floor on top of it. Let me warn you, it's expensive. I went crazy designing a really fancy one and it cost almost as much as a small house!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back