Shed exterior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I am in the process of putting up a 3m x 3m shed made with 3x2 framing and I have clad it all round with 18mm exterior ply. I have treated the ply with Cuprinol 5 year paint. My plans are to add loglap/shiplap etc (haven't decided yet) to the two sides that I can see. The 2 sides that are in the corner that I can't see I want to leave the treated ply. Will this be ok and how often should I treat it? It's really awkward to access but I can get to it at a push. Thanks all

Sponsored Links
you need to cover the ply for longevity it could last a few years it could last many year dependant on exposure because the grain goes in 2 directions and with gaps in the layer water can easily penetrate under the right circumstances
you also need an air gap and breathable membrane between outer cladding and inner insulation /cladding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back