Shed flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Really not sure which forum to put this under, so appologies if its better suited elsewhere (I did a search on shed first, and most seemed to be in here).

I would like to re-enforce/improve the floor of my pre-built shed (which is T&G), and a neighbour who did the same suggested 18mm ply as that is what he used. I have a smaller shed which came with an OSB floor, which appears to be doing fine, and I was wondering which would be a better idea, the ply or OSB ? Neither are taking any weight per se, as that will be on the existing base, this is just to firm it up and hold it all together a little more.

Ultimately I may skin the inside as well, any suggestions on what is best ? I assume ply as its more expensive, but given how things are at the moment, I wondered about OSB :)

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,
Dave

Sponsored Links
depends what you are intending to use it for. 12-18mm ply for the floor would be a good option, and not much more expensive. 12mm ply for the walls will be more than adequate

Hi Thermo,

Thanks for reply - mainly using it for storage, but also for a little light work (servicing mountain bike, bit of tile cutting, a little wood work etc.) - I won't be building a car or living in there as some people seem to do :)

The main reason is it just feels a little flimsy - the base came in two parts and are just screwed together.

Best Regards,
Dave

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back